Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Light Mounts From Brake Parts

I have been slowly putting my new Velo Orange Randoneur  bike together over the past year.   I have not been in a hurry to get it on the road because I have other good bicycles to ride and as a result I  have not been motivated to get this one going.  About a year ago I saw a picture somewhere on the net where a person had used a piece of a center pull brake to make a mount for a headlight that attached to the front rack on the bicycle.  I liked this idea.  I used one on the new bike using the backing plate from an old Dia Compe centerpull brake.  Recently Bike Tinker had a post about such light mounts.  You can read that post here:

   http://www.biketinker.com/2011/projects/brake-arm-light-mount-extension/ 

Here is a picture of my setup attached to a Velo Orange front rack.  I may move the light over to the left hand side of the rack.

1 comment: